10 Essential Travel Accessories You’ll Probably Forget
Packing for a vacation, whether a long trip to a city or a short weekend getaway, is not always easy. Between remembering your tickets, passports, appropriate clothing and more, you may find that you forget some essential accessories.
Some of these accessories are difficult to buy in certain countries if you travel abroad, and others are nearly impossible to live without. Here is a list of the top ten essential travel accessories you’ll probably forget. Hopefully thanks to this list, you will remember to pack each and every one!
3. Power Converter: It’s no good bringing your devices to charge in a foreign country unless you also have a converter on hand. Just a simple device will make it so that you can use your hair dryer in France, your phone charger in Hong Kong, or your travel iron in Cape Town.
4. Power Strip: This is not an accessory most people think to pack, but it can be very useful when traveling in your home country to an unknown destination. You may get a hotel room and want to charge lots of devices: your camera, phone, iPod, and more.
However, there may not be enough outlets to do so. Bringing a power strip gives you the option to plug in several devices to charge wherever you are.
5. Flash Light: Whether you plan on staying in a luxury hotel or camping in the woods, a flashlight should be included on the list of thing you bring along.
Losing electricity at home is bad enough-in a new location, you may not know what to do or where to go. Have one on hand, with full batteries, whenever you travel.
7. Camera: This nearly goes without saying, but many people forget them and need to purchase a mediocre one while traveling. Don’t forget to pack it!
8. iPod/Music Device: Most of the time you will be too busy to use it, but waiting for flights, riding trains, and other activities can be enjoyed more if you have a device to pass the time.
9. Luggage Lock: Having a luggage lock is a great idea for travelers, so you can reduce the chance that things will be stolen from your bags. Choose a TSA approved one if you flying.
10. Pillow: Perhaps not your fluffy pillow from your bed, but even a small blow up neck pillow is welcome during long bouts of travel, and is something many travelers don’t remember to pack.
John the author of the “10 essential travel accessories you’ll probably forget” is a guest travel blogger from the New York city.