Top 5 some of the top vacation destinations overall.
Today we can circle the globe and travel the world like never before in history. This had dramatically changed the way we live, how we see things and the places we are able to go for work as well as and for pleasure, giving us the possibility of visiting just about any country or place in the world.
Each year editors, experts and authors from all parts of the globe sit down to talk about the best cities, beaches, islands and other places for vacation destinations and put together a list of some of the top vacation spots. This can be very helpful in giving ideas, information and insight into places we may not have been aware of before.
But then again, in looking at the top vacation destinations, much depends on each individual and what they enjoy doing and what they are looking for in a vacation. Then you have some of the well known top spots for visiting, or the top “out of the ordinary places” or something of that sort.
But here we’ll take a look at some of the top vacation destinations overall.
Taking a look at the Travel Channel, you will find some of the age old, time tested and well known favorites of all including:
• Paris, France
• New York, New York
• Rome, Italy
• Cancun, Mexico
• London, England
Travelocity has compiled a list of the top destinations worldwide according to the flights and hotels booked on their website. It’s interesting to note that many of their top spots are coastal cities, places to enjoy the beach, water, sand and sun. At the top of their list is:
• Cancun – A beautiful vacation get away on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula where you can enjoy the beautiful beaches, the historical ancient Mayan ruins or the vibrant city nightlife.
• Honolulu – A place of natural beauty and home to the well known Waikiki, beautiful beaches and wonderful surfing.
• Los Angeles – The city of stars, fast cars and swanky bars that will keep you busy!
• Miami – Where you can enjoy the glorious beaches during the day and feel the rhythm at night.
• Nassau – As the capital of the Bahamas, you can enjoy the spectacular resorts, historic forts, duty free markets and sink your toes into the white beach sand.
According to recent on line searches for those looking up “vacations”, the top 5 on the list are:
• Florida, USA
• Hawaii, USA
• Las Vegas, USA
• California, USA
And then in looking at recent “reader’s choice” poll winners, their top cities listed are:
• Bangkok, Thailand
• Chiang Mai, Thailand
• Florence, Italy
• San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
• Rome, Italy
Found on the same page for the top US vacation spots you will find:
• New York City, New York
• San Francisco, California
• Charleston, South Carolina
• Chicago, Illinois
• Santa Fe, New Mexico
And if outdoor adventure is what you’re looking for, or places to enjoy nature or beautiful scenery, here are the top of the list from a recent gadling.com of the greatest destinations for outdoor adventure:
• Squamish, British Columbia, Canada – Snowshoeing
• Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia – Mountain Climbing
• Kingston, Ontario, Canada – Camping and Canoeing
• Sydney, Australia – Mountain Hiking
• Jay Peak in Vermont, United States – Alpine Skiing
All in all, there’s a little something for everyone and no matter where you go, there is so much to see, do, experience and enjoy!
This guest post was written by John Harrewood, who writes for many UK travel magazines and websites.