Daydream about Travelling to the Caribbean
Travelling to the Caribbean
Everyone has their dream travel destination.
There are certain regions of the world which call to our imagination and occupy our daydreams more than others. For some people it is the rugged forests of Canada, for others the moonlit cobblestone streets of Paris, and for some people it is the peaceful quiet of a temple in rural India.
Although I have visited many beautiful places around the world, there is one destination that still intrigues my curiosity and sparks many travel fantasies, and that is the Caribbean.
Of course, some of the things that entice me to want to book a Caribbean cruise tomorrow are the same things that draw millions of tourists to that part of the world every year: sun, sun and surf.
Having grown up in a very cold climate, the idea of warm tropical waters, white sandy beaches, and endless sunshine seems like it would be like going to heaven. But these are not the only reasons why the Caribbean calls to my heart.
So when I day dream about the Caribbean, what is it that I imagine myself doing? Here are five of my most common Caribbean travel daydreams:
- Sleeping in a hammock in a tree house at a completely eco-friendly forest lodge on one of the more natural islands, such as Dominica. Waking up to the sounds of the birds singing in the trees, eating a healthy breakfast and then hiking a few miles through the jungle to go swimming in a crystal clear waterfall.
- Getting completely lost in the noisy, colourful chaos of a Caribbean Carnival, such as the one that is celebrated every year in Trinidad and Tobago. Being surrounded by people in bright, jangling costumes, playing drums, singing, and dancing to calypso music until the sun comes up.
- Scuba diving in some tropical coral reef somewhere, moving slowly through the water as colourful fish swim around me in a bright and vibrant cloud. Perhaps even exploring through the dark sunken depths of an old ship wreck.
- Spelunking in the amazing Harrison’s Cave in Barbados, and exploring the endless caverns of crystallized limestone stalagmites and stalactites.
- Swimming at night time in the amazing Mosquito Bay in Puerto Rico, where thousands of tiny bio-luminous creatures light up the water, creating a magical and glowing universe.
These are five of the most exciting things that I look forward to about travelling to the Caribbean. I don’t know when I will be able to book a cheap Caribbean cruise or stay on the islands for a while, but I plan to make it happen someday.
Of course I know that since I have never been there, my perception of the Caribbean is probably far from reality. I’m sure there are flaws to this destination and sides to it that I wouldn’t like, just like anywhere in the world. I wonder if when I finally visit on a cheap Caribbean cruise, that the islands will live up to how amazing I imagine them to be. (I think they probably will.)
Even so, I still hope to book a flight or a cheap Caribbean cruise someday and make my dreams come true!
What are your travel daydreams?