Seven Reasons to Get Married in New York City
If you and your partner-to-be are interested in having a destination wedding, you may want to consider getting married in New York City. In order to help you make this important decision, here are seven reasons why a New York City wedding could be great for you.
1. It’s Famous – New York City is one of the most famous cities in the world. People come from across the globe to visit icons like the Empire State Building, the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, and more. Your wedding day is special no matter where it is, but not everyone can say they got married in one of the world’s greatest cities.
2. Great Views – NYC has tons of great skyline and waterway views that offer a perfect backdrop for your wedding photography.
3. Lots of Great Venues are Free or Low Cost – There are plenty of breathtaking venues for your ceremony and reception in the big apple, but many of them are free or low cost. For example, you can get married at a site overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge, in Central Park, in Time Square, or in a host of other famous locations – all you need is a permit.
4. There are Hundreds of Wedding Service Providers at Your Fingertips – New York City is one of the biggest cities in the world, thus it has a lot of options. If you’re worried about finding the right photographer, the right florist, the right planner – the right everything – for your wedding, you’re sure to find it in NYC. There are so many options to choose from that there is surely something for everyone, as well as every budget.
5. You’re Gay – New York City is a great place for all weddings, however, it is an especially great place for gay weddings since gay marriage is legal in New York state. In fact, New York is one of the only places in the US where gays can be legally married.
6. It’s a Good Excuse for Relatives to Travel – One important part of planning a destination wedding is choosing a location your friends and family will be willing and excited to travel to. Lots of people would love to spend a weekend in NYC, which can boost attendance and also give people in your family a chance to see a city they might not visit otherwise.
7. Cheap Airfare – Since NYC is an important hub, there are usually cheap flights to one of the airports in the NYC area from just about anywhere across the globe. This helps make it an affordable trip for both you and your guests. Again, guests will be less willing to travel out of town if it costs more money than they would like to spend.
Good luck with planning your dream wedding!
Jason Lancaster the author of the “Seven Reasons to Get Married in New York City” works for a New York wedding planning company, that helps couples plan their special day.