10 Unique Things To Do In Orlando Florida
Most of us have a pretty good idea of why we are off to a fabulous Florida holiday. Ridiculously good weather, gorgeous surroundings and all the fun and pampering you can handle top the list.
From the scintillating Florida beach scene to the ultimate urban getaway, Florida has more to offer than just the big ticket attractions.
Orlando is a place you will want to spend some extra time in for a variety of dining options, discount outlet shopping and some of the coolest things to do in The Sunshine State.
The best part about Orlando is the easy access to all the places you want to be on International Drive and the nearby suburbs. Before your next departure for Orlando, make a list of everything you want to see and sample, then be sure you have left yourself plenty of time to explore.
Some of the hip and happening Orlando hot spots include:
1. Medieval Times for a King Arthur-style dinner and joust tournament. The dress is casual and the excitement is high for a two hour show with prancing knights, a benevolent king, dancing maidens and a wench to dish up your dinner.
2. Discovery Cove is the place to be to swim with the dolphins and live the good life at the beach. The man made waterways are spectacular with waterfalls, a sandy shore, exotic fish, tasty snack shops and more.
3. Epcot Center is where the world comes together to sample an eclectic menu of international cuisine from Chines fare to Moroccan gourmet. Shop for unique souvenirs and learn about other cultures in this full-day excursion to explore the planet.
4. Wet N’ Wild Orlando has the biggest water park attractions and wet and wild thrill rides in the country. High speed rides and creative family adventures make this water park destination number one to beat the heat.
5. The World Bowling Center is a 32 lane facility that is fully automated for rapid service. Relax with a glass of wine or a cold pint in this family-friendly venue located on Orlando’s International Drive.
6. Fun Spot Action Park is a great day trip for the kids with arcade action, go-karts, and thirteen rides.
7. The Royal Wedding Chapel provides a romantic wedding ceremony by candle light for a fast and cheap way to tie the knot. Just say “I Do” and get a speedy marriage license, whether you are a Florida resident or not.
8. Sleuth’s Mystery Dinner Shows is the place to strut your stuff and solve the crime. This stylish dinner show includes unlimited beer and wine while you mingle with the wild and wacky characters to collect your clues.
One of the best detective shows on the block, Sleuth Mystery Dinner is a great place to get crazy and have some fun. In addition, the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum is right next door for a quick look-see before the crime solving show begins.
9. The Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery is Scottish all the way with a lively atmosphere, tasty pub food and plenty to drink.
10. Gatorland is the best attraction in Orlando to meet the Florida alligators up-close and personal. Learn about their habitats, ecology, take the swamp walk and observe the gators from the lookout towers. Fascinating creatures to watch, but did you know that alligator meat is legal in Florida?
If you dare, you can sample a gator nugget at Gatorland in Pearl’s Smokehouse Restaurant.
Virgin Holidays offer truly worldwide holidays, plus a well-established ski programme, so we can find your ideal destination.
I hope you enjoyed our 10 unique things to do in Orlando Florida For a great deal on Florida theme parks and other Florida holidays book early to avoid disappointment.